January 12th, 2016
Board Members: Robert C., Erin M., Crystal M., Mike P., David M.
Staff/Admin: Brenda H., Shannon P., Nancy C., Tami
Parents/Community: Rich E., Lynn A., Lori C., Christy C., Colin, Bill
Called to order at 6:42pm by Robert C.
MOTION to approve minutes by Mike P., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
MOTION to appoint Erin M. as treasurer by Mike P., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
MOTION to appoint Nate Treu to Soldier Hollow School Board by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Budget review by Rich E. Presentation of proposed budget.
- Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation and Soldier Hollow Legacy Foundation presentation by Colin and Bill. Hoping to reinvigorate capitol investment in Soldier Hollow facilities. Colin expressed desire to work with SHCS and for the school to remain at it’s current location.
- 7th/8th grade committee – power point presentation of parent survey. A large majority of parents expressed interest in the school bringing back 7th and 8th Discussion of need to get a charter variance or re-charter if we do not bring back 7th and 8th grade for next year.
- PTO report by Lara G. The raffle earned $8500. PTO is busy working on the Olympics which is scheduled for March 4th.
- Community Council – meeting this Thursday.
- Principal report by Brenda H. – school purchased a salt spreader. The leak in the portable self resolved. The plumber recommended we should have slow drip in all faucets. The management of the ice castles has been contacted to discuss parking and student tours. Skating program is ending this week. Kids are enjoying the ski program and it is running well.
- Policies for review – Pest Control & Emergency Personnel Policies reviewed.
- Property review/LOI approval – reviewed letter of intent that has been delivered to owner of alternative school property.
MOTION to approve non-binding LOI and continue negotiations by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Next meeting February 9th, 2016.
MOTION to adjourn at 10:10pm by Robert C., second by Crystal M. ALL IN FAVOR.