Board: Erin M., Robert C., Mike H., Mike P., Joanne M., Crystal M., Shannon W.
Staff: Samantha Hughes, Bethany Mumford, Lisa Willey, Tami Grey
Other: Rich Eccles, Colin Hilton, Courtland Nelson
MOTION to appoint Crystal Miller and Shannon Wilson as Board Members for the 2017-2018 school year by Mike P., second Robert C., ALL IN FAVOR.
MOTION to approve May meeting minutes by Robert C., second by Mike P., 2 YAYS, 3 ABSTENTIONS.
- Lease and UOLF update by Colin and Courtland – UOLF desires to maintain a relationship with SHCS and work towards a mutually beneficial arrangement. Discussed what a vision for SHCS on Soldier Hollow property might look like. Colin will prepare a new lease to bring to the board.
- Review of Budget by Rich E. – Review of 2016 financial reports and proposed budget for 2017.
MOTION to approve 2017-2018 budget as proposed by Robert C., second by Shannon W., ALL IN FAVOR.
- IRS update – Our attorney continues to negotiate with the IRS.
- Copier – Brenda will make an appropriate decision this month.
- Board Retreat – will schedule a meeting in early August.
- Teacher salaries – we will not change teacher payment structure for next year. A committee will be formed to create a teacher salary plan for the 2017-2018 school year.
MOTION to go into closed session to discuss employee compensation by Robert C., second by Mike P., ALL IN FAVOR.
Closed session at 9:30pm.
MOTION to approve FY 17 teacher salary schedule with new steps/lanes by Mike P., second by Joanne M., ALL IN FAVOR.
Meeting adjourned at 9:55pm