Board Meeting March 2016


March 8th, 2016




Board:  Crystal M., Robert C., Mike P. Nate T., Erin M.

Staff and Administration:  Brenda H. Stephanie Gee, Bethany Mumford, Tami Grey

Other:  Lara Graham, Stacy Warmack, Rich Eccles


Called to order at 6:35pm by Robert C.


  1. Defer approval of February minutes until next meeting.
  2. Charter Solutions/budget review – financials reviewed. Will approve budget next month.
  3. IRS update – still in appeal process. Attorney is very optimistic
  4. PTO by Lara G.- Olympics is over and was a big expense. Cultural day has become very expensive. PTO will work on reducing cost to parents next year.  PTO will work with staff to create and Olympic and cultural day budget.  The next book fair will be the March 22nd-25th.
  5. Community Council by Brenda H. – community council has additional computers, laptop carts and chargers. Second grade now has a set of lap tops for the entire class.  Community council would like to turn third floor room into a library or art room.  Yurt could possibly be used for music.  A school wide garage sale is being organized for April as a fundraiser.
  6. Principal report by Brenda H. – There will be early Thursday release during parent teacher conferences. DNR has been contacted about the mother moose and her babies that have been on campus.
  7. Charter Variance – awaiting Charter Board’s final decision about our charter variance.


MOTION to approval option 1 for the school calendar for the 2016-2017 school year by Mike P., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.


Shannon W. arrives at 7:50pm.


MOTION to approval limit on the number of times parents can enroll and re-enroll their family to twice, second by Shannon P., ALL IN FAVOR.


  1. Lottery – Electronic lottery will be used this year.  Kindergarten lottery complete.  Parents will be notified.
  2. Risk Management – 2nd grade portable is being repaired, bids are being gathered by risk management agent.
  3. Overnight field trip funding and expectation packet – board will consider adding a budget line item for field trip funding. Brenda will work to create a field trip expectation packet.
  4. Soiree update – we need an MC, review of current donations.
  5. Lease review – no update
  6. Real Estate Committee – the committee has visited several pieces of land this month and an equestrian property in Charleston.
  7. Next meeting is April 12th, 2016 at 6:30pm.


MOTION to approve nonbinding term sheet for the equestrian property by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.


MOTION to adjourn by Robert C, second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.












Copyright © 2012 - 2018 · All Rights Reserved · Soldier Hollow Charter School – Home of the Ospreys
Design & Develop by: 2Soph Creative Solution