April 12th, 2016
Board: Robert C., Crystal M., Erin M, Mike P., David M.
Administration and staff: Brenda H., Jennifer W., Samantha H.
Other: Rich E., Royce V. (association of public charter schools)
Called to order at 6:43pm by Robert C.
MOTION to approve minutes for February and March by Robert C, second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Presentation by Royce V. on changes in LRF because of passage of SB 38. Estimated increase from 2017 is $194 per student.
- Budget review by Rich E.
- Special Ed Program Improvement Plan by Jennifer W. – discussed risk scores and goals for improvement. Review of changes to Soldier Hollow IDEA Policies and Procedure Manual.
MOTION to approve the 2015-2016 Special Education Policies and Procedure Manual by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
Shannon W., board member, arrived at 7:51pm.
- PTO report by Lara G. – We need someone to mow the field about the 2nd grade portable for field day. Field day is scheduled for June 2nd. No raffle next year. Will explore getting a booth at the local fair this summer.
- Community Council by Brenda H. – garage sale has been cancelled. Land trust goals for next year discussed.
- Land Trust goals for 2016-2017 – Community Council would like to pay for 2 aides for next year for 2nd thru 6th Aides would help with math and English leveling. Also, $2000 for art supplies and funds for 4 teachers to get their EE certificate. Additional funding
MOTION to approve Land Trust goals by Robert C., second by Shannon W., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Principals report by Brenda H. – Brenda will attend STEM conference tomorrow. Discussed use of iReady in classrooms. Teacher appreciation is the 1st week of May. Board will provide a teacher breakfast. It has been difficult to start a golf program, Brenda continues to contact Bruce and the Pros to discuss a schedule. Archery program is up and running.
- Copy Machines – tabled until next month
- Teacher salary schedule for 2-16-2017 – discussed, will review again at May meeting.
- Math leveling – proposed concept of hiring an aide in grades 2-6 to increase differentiated/tiered instruction. Discussed task based teaching.
- Teacher salary schedule for 2016-2017 – tabled until next month.
- Board positions – 2 positions up for election this year. Elections will be held May 16th– May 20th.
- Real Estate Committee and MUO – review of DUO. Comparison of current lease versus potential mortgage at Charleston property.
MOTION to authorize a binding counter offer on the Charleston property with a 60-day due diligence period and no earnest money by Robert C., second by David M., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Next meeting May 10th, 2016 at 6:30pm
MOTION to adjourn at 10:06pm by Robert C., second Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.