SHCS Board Meeting Minutes
June 5th, 2015
CALL TO ORDER at 6:45pm by David S.
Administration: Brenda H., Joan K.
Board: Crystal M., David S., Robert C., Mike P., Erin M.
Staff: Mary Ann C.
Other: David M., Shannon W., Nicole H.
MOTION to approve May meeting minutes by David S., second by Robert C., 2 YAYS, 1 ABSTENTION.
- Principal’s Report:
- There are currently two open positions. We have received several good applications and are interviewing candidates next week.
- Field day was a big success.
- PGA program was introduced to the kids during field day.
- Budget Review:
- Review of budget forecast for 2016
- Introductions: Welcome to new board member Erin M. Shannon W. and David M., and Nicole H.
- Social Security – no new information.
- Busing – currently there are not enough students signed up to justify a bus.
MOTION to pause busing for 2015-2016 school year and revisit again next year by Mike P., second by Robert C., ALL IN FAVOR.
- Lease – no update
MOTION to approve budget forecast with teacher salary increase by David S., second by Mike P. ALL IN FAVOR.
- Board member appointments
MOTION to approve appointment of Shannon Wilson and David Medina to the school board for the 2015-2016 school year by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
Next meeting August 13th at 6:30pm.
MOTION to go into executive session to discuss professional competence of Brenda H. by Robert C., second by Mike P.; Brenda H. will remain in the room for the first half of the discussion. ALL IN FAVOR.
Brenda left the meeting at 9:52pm
Brenda reentered the meeting at 10:05pm
Open session at 10:06pm
MOTION to approve a 3% pay raise for Brenda Hedden for the 2015-2016 school year by David S., second by Robert C., ALL IN FAVOR.
MOTION to adjourn at 10:14pm. ALL IN FAVOR.