May 12th, 2015
Board: Crystal M., Robert C., David S., Amber B., Mark S., Mike P.
Administration: Brenda H., Joan K.
Staff: Jennifer S.
Call to order by David S. at 6:37pm
MOTION to approve April minutes by Robert C., second by Crystal M., ALL IN FAVOR.
1. Principal Report by Brenda H.:
a. Report on 4th and 5th grade field trips, both were a big success. There was great parent participation.
b. Last week was staff appreciation week; small gifts were given every day, lunch on Wednesday and breakfast on Friday.
c. SAGE testing is going well, attendance is a challenge. Brenda H. will review SAGE scores next week.
Arrival of board member Mike P. at 6:44pm
2. Community Council Report/Land Trust Fund Plan: Reviewed plan.
MOTION to pay off iPad invoice in full by Mark S., Second by Mike P., ALL IN FAVOR.
3. Budget Report by Joan K.:
a. April’s numbers and year-end budget reviewed.
b. Next year’s budget will be approved at June Board Meeting.
4. Update on Social Security: No change, waiting for response from the IRS.
5. Busing for 2015-2016: Eight people are currently signed up for busing next year. Brenda will send a dedicated email to parents promoting busing.
6. Lease: Brenda H. and David S. have been communicating about lease and are working on creating a list of requests for the lease.
7. Policies to Review: Family in Good Standing Policy discussed.
MOTION to abolish existing Family in Good Standing Policy to be replaced by a document acknowledging parent involvement expectations by Mike P., Second by Mark S., ALL IN FAVOR.
8. Grade Levels: Soldier Hollow needs to go before State Board of Education to amend charter to return to K-6.
9. School Name: No change at this time
10. Teacher Salaries: Salaries were frozen last year; reviewed proposed salary increases for next year. Will revisit this when the budget for 2015-2016 is approved.
11. Teacher Employment Agreement: Mike P. will provide Brenda H. with employee handbook documents and offer letter.
12. Teton Science School Workshop by Jennifer S.: Place based school that could be used as a model and help Soldier Hollow find a clearer vision.
13. Board member elections: Applications due this Friday.
14. Next Meeting Friday June 5th at 6:00pm.
MOTION to adjourn at 8:57pm by David S., ALL IN FAVOR.