Board Members: Erin M., Joanne M., Mike P., Mike H. (joined by audio)
Admin/Staff: Brenda Hedden, Adriana England, Lori Hampton, Lara Graham
Called to order at 6:45 pm
January minutes not approved. Concern over kindergarten class motion. Will address in March meeting.
- No budget review. Rich E. had another board meeting to attend.
- PTO report – doing great. Olympics scheduled for March 3rd
- Community Council report – Using money set aside for aides for technology in new building instead. $28,000.
- Lease discussion led by Brenda. Mark Norman and Stewart pushing for a new lease. Will meet Tuesday, Feb 14 at 1 pm. Mike P. will see about signing electronically.
- Construction update – Patriot Construction on the job, tore down inside frame.
- Mike proposes a bonus for Brenda of $10,000 for finishing on or before August 10, 2017.
- Discussion on best way to move portables and cost involved to move portables to new school location. Timing could mean portables are moved during the end of the 2016-2017 school year. Discussed how this will impact the classrooms located in portables. Teepees are an option. Brenda still working with USDA to secure three bids.
- Brenda will call Wright Movers for another bid to move classroom items to new school.
- Landscape architect discussion. Nature Explore will cost $8700 and will also educate us on outdoor classroom use. They will visit in March. Wasatch Back will donate trees.
- Discussion on wet versus dry system regarding fire suppression in arena of new school. Wet system seems to work better.
- We need to formally designate someone to sign the award to Patriot Construction.
Board member Shannon W. arrived approximately 7:45 pm
MOTION – Board Resolution created by Mike Howe to appoint Brenda Hedden to sign as a legal representative of Soldier Hollow Charter School, acting on the school’s behalf. ALL IN FAVOR
- Mardi Gras update – good ticket sales, almost at capacity
- 7th Grade Committee Update – great meeting with parents, have 25 students to attend 7th grade next year, 23 students to attend 6th grade next year
- Pre-K plan update – Several options presented for Pre-K structure.
MOTION – to accept options #3 or #4 for Pre-K structure. Options with 20 students enrolled each session/ including aide. Aide figured at $11/hour –no benefits.
#3 – Monday – Friday
15 – morning 8:15-11:15 (3 hours) $300-$4500
15 – afternoon 11:45 -2:45 (3 hours) (not Friday) $225 – $3,375
5 – all day – 8:15 – 2:45 (6.5 hours) $450 – $4500
#4 Monday – Friday
10 – morning – 8:15-11:15 (3 hours) $300-$3000
10 – afternoon – 11:45 – 2:45 (3 hours) (not Friday) $225-2250
10 all day – 8:15 – 2:45 (6.5 hours) $450-4500
Motioned by Erin M. Seconded by Joanne M., ALL IN FAVOR
- New positions for next year moved to March meeting. We cannot make this decision without budget information and with Rich E. not in attendance.
- Teacher evaluation and compensation discussion moved to March meeting.
- Board approval of Pre-K and Kindergarten fees for 2017-2018 school year. $175/month
- Board approval for postings of any new position moved to March meeting.
- Board approved calendar for 2017-2018 school year.
Next Meeting Tuesday, 14 March, 2017 6:30 pm